. A Note to my Current and prospective Clients: For your convenience, I offer video telehealth sessions.At this Present time, I am not providing the option of coming to my Office for therapy. When I do decide it is in everyone's best interest to resume in-person therapy sessions, I will notify each client of this decision.
Video session steps: 1. If you hope to have your insurance reimburse you, you are expected to call your insurance company to verify that they will cover an "Out of Network telehealth/video session with a psychologist" and/or "out of network phone session with a psychologist" . I would strongly suggest you emphasize to your insurance provider that you have a pre-existing/established relationship with me (if you are a current client of mine).
2. When speaking with your insurance, you are encouraged to say, "Please give me any necessary codes that my psychologist will need to include on my Superbill for telehealth (I.E. place of service & modifiers)". Also, you may wish to ask "Are there any deadlines for coverage for telehealth?" By asking these questions (and providing the information to me), this will likely make the reimbursement process efficient for you.
3. I WILL need you to complete the "TELEPSYCHOLOGY INFORMED CONSENT" along with my other intake forms which is found on this website under the "forms" tab. if you have access to a printer/scanner, please send it back to me prior to attending your first telehealth appointment.
4. I am currently offering video sessions through:
A) SIMPLE PRACTICE (HIPAA compliant video telehealth platform). I will send you a link prior to our appointment. I will walk you through the simple instructions how to access the appointments and client portal. You can access sessions from a lap top or mobile device.
5. If requested, I will provide a statement of services or superbill for you to submit to insurance (if you choose) following our session through an agreed upon method.
6. For telehealth sessions clients are requested to put a credit card on file when i send you a HIPAA compliant link from Ivy Pay. you do not need to download any apps for this. Please let me know if you need to update your card on file.
If you are feeling physically well, I really do encourage you to make and attend your appointments. These are mentally and emotionally trying times and I am here to support you through them in a safe and healthy environment.
If you have any concerns or difficulties regarding your insurance and/or how to participate in Video THerapy, please just give me a call so I can work with you and try to resolve your concerns.